My father inlaw is a great thinker and had this to say about how young people of this generation ought to handlet their wives using an iPhone as a metaphor. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
1) You are always scared to stay away from your phone for just a day. Let your wife also see that you don’t want to stay away from her even if it’s for a day.
2) You hate to see your phone stay without money (airtime). You should also hate to see your wife stay without money.
3)Because you are so used to your phone, you sometimes prefer it to a new one no matter how sophisticated is the new. Value your wife above any woman out there, no matter how good looking she is.
4) You are always happy when your phone battery is full and strong, and even when it is running down you don’t hesitate to charge it. Your wife sometimes becomes physically weak by ensuring everything goes well in the house. Keep her strong emotionally by your kind words and assist with the house chores where necessary; by doing this you would make her full of energy to face what lies ahead.
5) You feel terrible whenever your phone slips from your hand to the ground. Feel same whenever anything hurts your wife.
6) Whenever you are using your phone to make a serious call, you always want to stay away from distractions. Treat your wife the same way when discussing serious issues
7) Your phone contains so much inside; your contacts, codes, memorable pictures etc, hence the value you place on it. Your wife has some treasures hidden in her, please value her.
8) Sometimes when the outer casing of your phone fades, you feel embarrass to hold it in public. Always ensure your wife looks good wherever she goes, remember, she is said to be the glory of the man.
9) Whenever your phone has a problem, you become unavailable to your callers. Let your wife’s problems make you unavailable to anything needing your attention, until she is alright.
10) You feel uncomfortable when your phone mouthpiece is having a problem. Let it also disturb you when your wife couldn’t get what you are saying, then look for a better way to fix it until she can clearly understand what you are saying. The same applies to your earpiece; make sure you always remove anything that will block your ears from hearing and listening to her.
11) Like you use your phone to browse the internet, interact with friends from different social networks. Let your wife also become a platform for your social interaction with family and friends. Also there are so many resources in your wife that you never knew of, just be humble enough and browse through, you’ll be surprise that your wife knows so much, it’s just like your phone, how you don’t know everything it can do.