Falling in love is easy, you trip and fall. Staying in love is much harder. Love becomes a decision. It evolves from being a noun into becoming a verb — a conscious choice. According to Dr. Chapman, there are 5 love languages every couple should be aware of.
Each individual understands a different one. So for you to guarantee lasting joy in your relationship you need to know which language your partner identifies mostly with, and then speak in that primary language.
1. Words of Affirmation: Giving compliments, praise, recognition and reinforcement.
2. Receiving Gifts: These could range from hand picked flowers, chocolates to the new Range Rover 😉
3. Acts of Service: Washing dishes, cleaning, painting, ironing and cooking… Domestic affairs.
4. Physical Touch: Back massages, foot rubs, holding hands, kisses and of course hot sex!
5. Quality Time: Cherished alone moments shared between two hearts whether in the cinema, picnic, a walk in a park or dinner for 2.
When you figure which of the above is absolutely necessary to happen for your partner to feel totally loved, then you’ve found their “mumu” button. Use it often!