We all lead such amazingly busy lives. We’re swamped with pings, chats, phone calls, multiple bulk sms messages, adverts, breaking news, emails (like this), newsletters etc. With such maddening pace it’s easy to see why we lose personal power.
So your BlackBerry, iPhone and Android devices probably require a 2nd recharge in 6 hours due to the sheer amount of information it processes each day. In the same way, the battery power of your phone gets zapped quickly, your personal power also gets zapped by the sheer amount of information which your mind must process and make decisions on whether to reject, retain, react or respond.
In order to conserve energy, it is essential that the busy executive (that’s you by the way) learns how to simplify each day. Here’s are some tips:
1. Choose your clothes for each weekday in advance. That way you don’t spend too much time each morning agonizing over your options.
2. Have a steady diet. Preferably a timetable for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This way, you don’t stay up at night wondering what’s for breakfast tomorrow. Or spend valuable working hours wondering what to eat for dinner. That’s too much work- it can drain your mind battery even worse than a Blackberry Bold 5.
3. Have a simple to-do-list written every morning before you step out of your house. Put the 20% most important tasks on the top of the list and the 80% non-essentials at the bottom. Work from the top.
4. Exercise early in the morning for 15-30minutes. It builds your body and mind ability to retain more energy. Remember energy is battery power for the human body. Exercising is like battery booster! It has amazing processional benefits that goes beyond just having a fit body, it makes your mind fit also. The body and mind work in a cybernetic loop- what affects one, influences the other directly.
5. Practice deep breathing exercises. Now while you don’t have to do yoga, but learning this secret which is the backbone of yoga is an ultimate productivity hack. Breathe in (inhale) deeply for 4 seconds, hold in your breath for 8 seconds and exhale for 2 seconds.
These 5 tips can help you in making your life a whole lot simpler and make it a blockbuster! I’ve tried them and they work, let me know how this can help you too.